The California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) recently released the California Agricultural Organic Report 2019-2020.
- California accounts for 40% of all organic production in the U.S.
- Between 2014 and 2019, organic production increased 44%
- In 2019, sales of organic products in California totaled more than $10.4 billion, an increase of 3.5% from 2018
- California land for organic production in 2019 included 2,590,328 acres
- Registered with CDFA’s State Organic Program in 2019 were 5,452 producers, 1,295 handlers and 216 processors