Register now for two tracks in the UC Davis Department of Food Science and Technology California Farm Food Safety E-Learning Series funded by the California Department of Food and Agriculture Produce Safety Program.
Several speakers will provide short presentations during the two-hour sessions and time will be dedicated to answering questions from participants. Pre-registration is required for the free sessions that will be held online via Zoom.
The Biological Soil Amendments of Animal Origin (BSAAO) series will provide information about the benefits and risks of BSAAO during production. This series is tailored to Californians, with specific BSAAO regulatory and enforcement information relevant to California growers.
- Session 1: 1-3 p.m. April 7 – Overview of BSAAO and the Food Safety Modernization Act Produce Safety Rule
- Session 2: 1-3 p.m. April 14 – Compost
- Session 3: 1-3 p.m. April 21 – Soil amendments containing ingredients of animal origin
- Sign up for the free BSAAO series here
The Production Agricultural Water series will provide information on risks associated with production agricultural water, current best practices for agricultural water management, treatment options for agricultural water and updates on the Food Safety Modernization Act Produce Safety Rule agricultural water testing requirements. This series is tailored to Californians, with specific agricultural water regulatory and enforcement information relevant to California growers.
- Session 1: 1-3 p.m. May 6 – Update on agricultural water and the Produce Safety Rule
- Session 2: 1-3 p.m. May 13 – Assessing on-farm risks associated with agricultural water systems
- Session 3: 1-3 p.m. May 20 – Introduction to options for treating agricultural water
- Sign up for the free Production Agricultural Water series here
Visit the UC Davis California Farm Food Safety E-Learning Series webpage for more information.