The California Farm to School Network just released a monthly update.
- December 4, 2020, is the last day to submit a public comment for the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) California Farm to School Incubator Grant Program. The program will award competitive grants to support innovative local and regional farm to school projects in nutrition education, sustainable food production and procurement, and high-quality student engagement through experiential learning. Comments received will be considered before the program’s Request for Applications is made final.
- Oakland Unified School District has completed its Central Kitchen facility. It is able to serve up to 35,000 student meals per day, and also contains a 1-acre urban farm and school facility to educate students in farming, nutrition culinary arts, and more!
- Davis Farm to School recently worked with Fiery Ginger Farm for a Farm2Families veggie giveaway at Patwin Elementary School.
- Information about virtual conferences and funding opportunities.
- National Farm to School Network resources, including grants and funding; webinars and events; research and resources; policy news; and job opportunities.
The California Farm to School Network is composed of farm to school practitioners and enthusiasts statewide. Click on the newsletter subscribe button to also receive these monthly updates that include information about grants, resources, research, webinars, events and news from the National Farm to School Network. The California Farm to School Program is part of the California Department of Food and Agriculture Office of Farm to Fork (CDFA-F2F) in the Division of Inspection Services.