9:00 – 9:10 INTRODUCTION – Kelly Huff, Dixon/Solano RCD Water Quality Coalition
9:10 – 9:55 MEASURING WATER USE – Paul Lum, Solano Ag Water Conservation Committee
- How to measure and how to estimate inches of irrigation water applied to fields and to crops.
9:55 – 11:10 YOUR IRRIGATION & SOIL HEALTH PRACTICES – How they relate to management of nitrates and water quality – Liz Colby, USDA NRCS Field Office Engineer & Wendy Rash, USDA NRCS District Conservationist
- Multiple benefits of irrigation water management and soil health practices
- Instructions for including nitrates from irrigation water in nutrient management plans.
- Review irrigation practices, installation and common challenges.
11:10 – 11:30 TESTING FOR NITRATES / FINANCIAL & TECHNICAL SUPPORT – Amy King, Solano Resource Conservation District
- Testing irrigation and drinking water wells for nitrate levels
- Financial and technical support
*2 Grower CEUs available