This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is open to Farmers and Private Landowners who are actively engaged in crop or livestock production.
Join us for a Field Day and Farm Tour at River Garden Farms! Improving soil health can increase crop yield, attract beneficial insects, and lower your bottom line. Cover crops do all this and contribute to greenhouse gas emission reduction goals. Come, learn the ins and outs of cover cropping!
- COVER CROPS are an amazing alternative to leaving your field fallow after harvest. Often applied as a mix of different plant seeds, cover crops help return N to the soil and reduce the amount of synthetic fertilizer needed
- NITROGEN MANAGEMENT changes when you install a cover crop. Learn how to estimate how much nitrogen is returning to the soil from the cover crop and incorporate that into your nitrogen budget.
- PEST CONTROL including using non-chemical methods in annual cropping systems with an emphasis on rice systems
- Dominic Bruno, River Garden Farms
- Scott Park, Park Farm Organics
- Tom Johnson, Kamprath Seed Company
- Wendy Rash, Solano NRCS
- Whitney Brim-DeForest, UCCE Sutter/Yuba
The 2017 Healthy Soils Demonstration Project is funded by Greenhouse Gas Reduction Funds and is part of California Climate Investments, a statewide program that puts billions of Cap-and-Trade dollars to work reducing GHG emissions, strengthening the economy, and improving public health and the environment.
NITROGEN MANAGEMENT CEU TRAINING
DECEMBER 9, 2019 9:00 AM TO 10:45 AM GLENN SUCCESS SQUARE 131 E WALKER STREET ORLAND CA 95963
9:00 AM – Welcome!
9:15 AM — Optimizing Forage Growth and Fertilizer Applications by Josh Davy, UCCE Livestock, Range and Pasture Advisor and County Director in Tehama County
10:15 AM — Nitrogen Management Practice Adoption Trends and Reported Barriers by Jessica Rudnick, PhD Candidate, UC Davis
1.5 Continuing Education Units – PENDING
RSVP by December 2nd to firstname.lastname@example.org
485 Business Park Way
Imperial, CA 92251
Registration begins at 7:00 am. You can also register via email at email@example.com.
More information and CEUs to come.
After six years of providing in-person Nitrogen Management Certification training, stakeholders have been in discussions to find an avenue to help new CCAs qualify to sign off on the Irrigation and Nitrogen Management Plans (INMP). Limitations on the number of training opportunities and attendees has led the group to approach online learning and testing options to issue Nitrogen Management Certification after the March 2020 training. The March 2020 Nitrogen Management Certification in Fresno will be the final training available before the new Certification program goes into effect.