This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TREE,VINE & IRRIGATION WORKSHOP
November 12, 2019 8:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
Please RSVP : www.maderafb.com Or by phone 559-674-8871 Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice.
3.25 hours of CCA and Grower Nitrogen Management Continuing Education Units
Cost: $10 MCFB Members $25 Non-MCFB Members
- 8:00 A.M.- 8:30 A.M. XERCES/NRCS: COVER CROPPING FOR SOIL HEALTH
- 8:35 a.m. -9:20 a.m. UCCE: ORCHARD NITROGEN TALK
- 9:25 A.M.– 9:40A.M. UCCE: SALINITY MANAGEMENT
- 9:45 A.M.-10:30 A.M. CENTER FOR IRRIGATION TECHNOLOGY, CSUF: IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT TO CONTROL THE LEACHING OF NITROGEN
- 10:35 A.M. – 11:20 A.M. UCCE: TECHNOLOGIES AND BASICS FOR VINEYARDS
- 11:25 A.M. – 11:55 A.M. JAIN IRRIGATION: USING TECHNOLOGY TO IMPROVE NUTRIENT AND WATER MANAGEMENT
At this free workshop, we will provide hands-on training so that you can learn to use the newest version of CropManage which has been updated to be more compatible for in-field use by farm staff.
CropManage is now available in Spanish. Spanish interpretation will be available at the workshop.
Central Coast Crops currently supported by CropManage include strawberry, head, romaine, leaf, and baby lettuce, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, cilantro, mizuna, bell peppers, raspberry, spinach, and tomato.
What to bring: This is a participatory workshop. Please bring a tablet or laptop computer so that you can follow along and participate in the exercises. If you do not have an account for using CropManage, please set up a free account before the workshop at the website: cropmanage.ucanr.edu.
AGENDA (subject to change)
8:00 – 8:30 Registration and computer set-up
8:30 – 10:15 Getting started and updates on CropManage
10:30 – 11:15 Strategies for using CropManage for decision support and record-keeping
11:15- 11:45 Advanced features and interfacing sensors with CropManage
11:45-12:00 Discussion of new features or changes needed
RSVP at: http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=28685 or email@example.com
Wednesday, November 20, 2019 8:00-12:00PM
Class size is limited to 65 participants. Cost: No Charge 3.5 Grower CEUs
RSVP Deadline: November 13, 2019
- Nitrogen Decision Making
- Daniel Geisseler, Assistant Specialist in CE, University of California,
- Irrigation At Season’s End
- Tom Devol, Sr. Manager, Field Outreach and Education, Almond Board of California
- Basic Principles of Nitrogen Appliction in Orchards
- Katherine Jarvis-Shean, Orchard Systems Advisor, UC Cooperative Extension
- Nitrogen Management in Key Yolo County Crops
- Konrad Peter Mathesius, Agronomy Advisor, UC Cooperative Extension