This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at email@example.com.
January 10, 2020, 7:00 am – 2:30 pm
442 Franklin Ave
Yuba City, CA 95991 United States + Google Map
UC Cooperative Extension will host the SJC and Delta Field Crops Meeting on Friday, January 10, 2020 from 8:00am to 12:00pm. The meeting location is the Cabral Agricultural Center in Stockton (2101 E. Earhart Ave., Stockton, CA 95206). Coffee and refreshments will be provided.
- 8:15am Delta Rice Update: Armyworms, Herbicide Trial, Weedy Rice, Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UCCE San Joaquin/Delta Counties
- 8:45am Regulatory Update, Tim Pelican, San Joaquin County Agricultural Commissioner
- 9:00am Alfalfa Weevil Insecticide Resistance, Madison Hendrick, UC Davis
- 9:15am Benefits of Alfalfa in Crop Rotations, Nicole Tautges, UC Davis
- 9:45am IPM in Organic Field and Vegetable Crop Production, Rachael Long, UCCE Yolo/Sacramento/Solano Counties
- 10:15am Break
- 10:30am Observations and Pest Issues with CBD Hemp Experiments in California, Dan Putnam, UC Davis
- 11:00am Fertilizing Corn and Wheat with Manure: Research Results, Nick Clark, UCCE Fresno/Tulare/Kings Counties
- 11:30am Warm-Season Legume Cover Cropping in the Delta, Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UCCE, San Joaquin/Delta Counties
- 12:00pm Evaluations and Adjourn
We have submitted applications for continuing education for pesticide licensing and certified crop advisors. We have also submitted an application for nitrogen management continuing education, which would help to satisfy growers’ continuing education requirement for the Irrigated Lands Program. Applications are pending.
Our programs are open to all potential participants. If you require special accommodations, please contact UCCE San Joaquin County at 209-953-6100. I wish you a happy holiday season, and I hope to see you at the meeting in the new year.
2020 Statewide Pistachio Day
Wednesday, January 22 from 8 AM-4 PM
Visalia Convention Center, 303 E Acequia Ave, Visalia, CA 93291
Pistachio Day delivers the latest research-based production practices to prospective or current growers, production managers, and pest control consultants so they are better able to achieve their pistachio growing goals.
The diverse program will include an industry overview as well as sessions on various important topics within the areas of Food Safety and Regulations, Horticulture Science, and Integrated Pest Management.
After six years of providing in-person Nitrogen Management Certification training, stakeholders have been in discussions to find an avenue to help new CCAs qualify to sign off on the Irrigation and Nitrogen Management Plans (INMP). Limitations on the number of training opportunities and attendees has led the group to approach online learning and testing options to issue Nitrogen Management Certification after the March 2020 training. The March 2020 Nitrogen Management Certification in Fresno will be the final training available before the new Certification program goes into effect.