This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at email@example.com.
Monday, November 4, 2019 11-2 pm, lunch included
Norton Hall | 70 Cottonwood Street | Woodland, CA 95695 3 hours of CURES credits requested
No charge but RSVP required by October 31st Rsvp Here
Organic nitrogen management is particularly challenging because nitrogen from organic sources, such as compost, soil organic matter, cover crops, crop residue and soil amendments, must first be converted by microbes to become plant-available forms. Matching plant-available nitrogen to crop demand is necessary in order to provide sufficient nitrogen for optimal yields while reducing the risk of environmental pollution. Furthermore, nitrogen reporting requirements require information in plant-available nitrogen as opposed to total nitrogen applied. As a group, we will complete a comprehensive nitrogen budget, through which you will be given guidelines and calculations for estimating plant-available N. This will be directly translatable for use with your own compost, soil report results, amendments, etc. The last segment of the workshop will include an opportunity to work on your personal nitrogen budget and receive feedback from Margaret and Patricia. Participants are encouraged to bring information from their farm in order to use this information.
TREE,VINE & IRRIGATION WORKSHOP
November 12, 2019 8:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
Please RSVP : www.maderafb.com Or by phone 559-674-8871 Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice.
3.25 hours of CCA and Grower Nitrogen Management Continuing Education Units
Cost: $10 MCFB Members $25 Non-MCFB Members
- 8:00 A.M.- 8:30 A.M. XERCES/NRCS: COVER CROPPING FOR SOIL HEALTH
- 8:35 a.m. -9:20 a.m. UCCE: ORCHARD NITROGEN TALK
- 9:25 A.M.– 9:40A.M. UCCE: SALINITY MANAGEMENT
- 9:45 A.M.-10:30 A.M. CENTER FOR IRRIGATION TECHNOLOGY, CSUF: IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT TO CONTROL THE LEACHING OF NITROGEN
- 10:35 A.M. – 11:20 A.M. UCCE: TECHNOLOGIES AND BASICS FOR VINEYARDS
- 11:25 A.M. – 11:55 A.M. JAIN IRRIGATION: USING TECHNOLOGY TO IMPROVE NUTRIENT AND WATER MANAGEMENT