This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tulare International Agri-Center Heritage Room
4500 South Laspina Street, Tulare
11:00 am until 1:00 pm, Lunch will be Served
*PCA & CCA hours available*
- “Epidemiology and Management of Almond Hull Rot”
- Dr. James Adaskaveg, Professor and Plant Pathologist, UC Riverside
- “Plant Stress & Fertility Needs at Hull Split & Postharvest”
- Jared Sannar, PCA, CCA Redox Agronomist
- “Update on Ganoderma Butt Rot”
- Bob Johnson, UC Davis Plant Pathology PhD Candidate
- “Mitigating Disease Pressure with Nutrition”
- Jim White, PCA, CCA Soil Basics Agronomist
Save by purchasing your tickets in advance! Prices increase to $50 at the door.
- 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM Registration/Coffee
- 8:00 AM – 8:45 AM Ventura County Ag Commissioner Update
- Ed Williams, Ventura County Agricultural Commissioner
- 8:45 AM – 9:30 AM Cannabis Fertility Programs for Organic and Conventional Production
- Thomas Quick, Growmore
- 9:30 AM – 10:00 AM Biological and Nutrient Efficiencies
- Peter Aleman, BioGro
- 10:00 AM – 10:15 AM BREAK
- 10:15 AM – 10:45 AM Exhibitor Booth Demonstrations
- 10:45 AM – 11:30 AM Understanding Organic Fertilizers
- Tim Stemwedel, California Organic Fertilizers
- 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM Best Management of Plant Diseases in Organic Production
- Dr. Annemiek Schilder, Ventura County UCCE
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM LUNCH
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM Foliar Application Methods
- Andrew Pederson, Brandt
- 1:30 PM – 2:00 PM Irrigation and Nutrient Management
- Andre Biscaro, Ventura County UCCE
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Grower Panel
Schedule of demonstration flights and discussions
9:00am UC Merced Graduate Engineering Team- Ongoing research: Using UAV’s to collect multi-spectral images to help determine best timing of pest control practices: Discussion and demonstration. 30 min.
9:30am CSU Fresno Graduate Engineering Team- Ongoing research: Using UAV’s to collecting weather data from remote sensor stations for use in determining timing of pest control practices. Discussion and demonstration. 30 min.
10:00am Jim McKay, CalTech Ag, Quantix Pilot/Rep- Overview of a currently available, light-weight, simple to fly UAV that collects multi-spectral images to determine vegetative health for use in determining pesticide applications and other inputs. Discussion and demonstration. 30 min.
10:30am Brad Anderson, Yamaha Motors, Unmanned Systems Division Manager -Overview of Yamaha Motors Precision Ag- FAA Part 137 Certification, California DPR Licenses, current pesticide. Discussion and demonstration. 30 min.
11:00am Chuma Ogunwole, Business/Operations Mgr, Pyka Autonomous Aerial Application- Automated Pesticide Spraying using the Pyka Fixed-Wing Autonomous Aircraft. Discussion and display. 30 min.
Agenda Coming Soon! Check https://www.organicfertilizerassociation.org/seminars for more information and other dates/locations
For over 25 years, FREP has presented its pioneering fertilizer research at annual conferences. Since 2007, FREP has collaborated with the Western Plant Health Association (WPHA) to create a conference that balances technical research with discussion on practical application. Presenters from academia, industry, and agricultural consulting provide general and technical information, current research and data, and practical applications addressing statewide and regional nutrient management issues.
1:00-5:00 PM – Pre-Conference Farm Tour
9:00 AM-4:45 PM – Presentations, including a panel discussion and breakout sessions
4:45-6:00 PM – Poster Session
8:15 AM-12:00 PM – Presentations