This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at email@example.com.
Topics will include; Ag order update, N dynamics in long season vegetable crops, high C:N amendments to immobilize soil N, fertilizer value in irrigation water, mitigating insecticide run off, microbial food safety, and seawater intrusion.
3.5 CCA CEUs requested
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the Central Valley Water Board will accept comments regarding proposed amendments (the “Proposed Amendments”) to the Basin Plans. The Proposed Amendments will establish a Central Valley-wide Salt and Nitrate Control Program. The Salt and Nitrate Control Program will provide a framework for the Board to regulate salt and nitrate throughout the Central Valley in a sustainable manner, while ensuring that groundwater users whose wells are impacted with nitrates are provided safe drinking water supplies.
UC Cooperative Extension will host the annual corn field meeting on Thursday, October 18, 2018, from 10:00am to noon, on Tyler Island in Sacramento County. The agenda is pasted below and attached. The attached version includes a map and directions to the field site. We have applied for CCA continuing education credits, and light refreshments will be provided. RSVP is not required. Hope to see you in the field!
10:00am Field corn variety evaluation – preliminary results, Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UCCE, SJC/Delta
10:15am Variety traits for the Delta, Seed company representatives
10:30am N stabilizer product trial in silage corn, Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UCCE, SJC/Delta
10:45am Measuring the interaction between N demand and water use in irrigated corn, Taylor Becker and Mark Lundy, UC Davis
11:00am Viewing of field plots
Full agenda and additional information can be seen HERE
7:45-8:30 Welcome and Registration
8:30-8:50 Labor Work Force Support -Jesse F. Duron, Execute Director CITA H-2A Services & Resources
8:50-9:25 Nutrient management – Laura Murphy, Soil Scientist, Monterey RCD
9:25-10:00 Maintenance for Irrigation Optimum Efficiency – Sergio Campos, Agricultural Engineer-USDA NRCS
10:10-10:45 Soil Health and Cover Crops – Martin Guerena, Sustainable Ag Specialist with NCAT/ATTRA
10:55-11:30 Cover Crop Experience – Jose Robles, “Robles Ranch”
12:00-12:35 Work Safety – Teresa Andrews, MS, Education and Outreach Specialist
12:35-1:10 Upcoming opportunities though the NRCS – Graciela Gomez, Soil Conservation Technician.
- Nutrient Management for Avocado and Citrus
- IPM for Avocado and Citrus
- SGMA Compliance and the Impact on Growers
CCA CEUs Available
- CCA-01-Nutrient Management : 0.5
- CCA-03-Integrated Pest Management : 0.5
- CCA-10-Sustainability : 1
For more info contact Denis Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richvale: Thursday, Jan. 17, 8:30am, Evangelical Church, 5219 Church St., Richvale
- Glenn: Thursday, Jan. 17, 1:30pm, Glenn Pheasant Hall, 1522 Hwy 45, south of Glenn
- Colusa: Friday, Jan. 18, 8:30am, Colusa Casino Resort, 3770 Hwy 45, Colusa
- Marysville: Friday, Jan 18, 1:30pm, Yuba County Government Center, 915 8th St. Marysville
- Woodland: Tuesday, Jan. 22, 8:30am, Cracchiolo’s Market, 1320 E. Main St. Woodland
- Doors open at 8:00 am and meetings start at 8:30 am at Richvale and Colusa.
- Doors open at 1:00 pm and meetings start at 1:30 pm at Woodland, Glenn and Yuba City.
- 8:00 a.m. (1:00 p.m.) Doors open, sign‐in, coffee
- 8:30 a.m. (1:30 p.m.) Call meeting to order
- California Rice Commission Referendum – Tim Johnson, CRC
- 8:50 a.m. (1:50 p.m.) Rice Research Board Nominations – Dana Dickey, Rice Research Board
- 9:00 a.m. (2:00 p.m.) Rice Pesticide and Regulatory Update – County Ag Commissioner
- 9:15 a.m. (2:15 p.m.) Weedy Rice and Emerging Weed Issues – Whitney Brim‐DeForest, UCCE
- 9:35 a.m. (2:35 p.m.) Arthropod and Disease Update – Luis Espino, UCCE
- 10:05 a.m. (3:05 p.m.) Season Review and Fertility Update – Bruce Linquist, UCCE
- 10:35 a.m. (3:35 p.m.) Weed Control Update – Kassim Al‐Khatib, UCCE
- 11:05 a.m. (4:05 p.m.) — ADJOURN —
****Applied for DPR and CCA CE credits****
Estimating yield is both important and difficult. Accurate projections of crop size are necessary for both logistical and financial planning. Growers will share their experience and wisdom when it comes to estimating a crop including their methods, tips and techniques. Different methods will be compared and discussed. We will also dip into the theory behind making estimates.
Bart Haycraft, Vineyard Manager, Jackson Family Wines- Los Alamos
Craig Macmillan, Ph.D., Technical Program Manager, Vineyard Team
SIP Certified Standards:
The content of this workshop applies to SIP Certified® Standard 10.1.4
3.0 CCA CEUs applied for
Free for Members/$30 for Non-members
485 Business Park Way
Imperial, CA 92251
Registration begins at 7:00 am. You can also register via email at email@example.com.
More information and CEUs to come.
Friday – February 7, 2020
7:30 am – 1:00 pm
Red Bluff Elks Lodge
355 Gilmore Road, Red Bluff
Directions: Take Exit # 649 from I-5. Go West on Antelope Blvd towards Downtown Red Bluff. Turn Left (south) at the first stop light — Gilmore Road. The Elks Lodge will be located at the very end of Gilmore Road nestled between the Sacramento River and I-5.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE – Thursday- JANUARY 30, 2020
Lunch will be provided for Early registrations received by Jan 30th, due to sponsor support.