This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at email@example.com.
9:00-10:00 Nitrogen Management of Tomato
Brenna Aegerter, Vegetable Crops Advisor UCCE San Joaquin County
10:00-11:00 Efficient Nitrogen and Irrigation Management of Pressurized Systems
Terry Prichard, Water Management Specialist UC Davis, Emeritus
Estimating yield is both important and difficult. Accurate projections of crop size are necessary for both logistical and financial planning. Growers will share their experience and wisdom when it comes to estimating a crop including their methods, tips and techniques. Different methods will be compared and discussed. We will also dip into the theory behind making estimates.
Bart Haycraft, Vineyard Manager, Jackson Family Wines- Los Alamos
Craig Macmillan, Ph.D., Technical Program Manager, Vineyard Team
SIP Certified Standards:
The content of this workshop applies to SIP Certified® Standard 10.1.4
3.0 CCA CEUs applied for
Free for Members/$30 for Non-members
2019 Russell Ranch Field Day: More than yield: exploring the full potential of our agroecosystems
Join University of Davis researchers and students as they share results from field research being conducted at Russell Ranch. Learn more about tomato disease diagnosis, deficit irrigation, soil health management, mycorrhizal fungi, alternative small grain crops, and much much more. Network with others in the agricultural industry.
3 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) offered for attendance.
Snacks, refreshments, and lunch will be provided.
- Access begins upon registration (login information will be emailed to you).
- Full course materials require about 10 hours to view.
- Online exam is optional but required for 10 hours of Continuing Education credit.
- Material is accessible for two months after on-site class
ISE Class I
- Takes place at Cal Poly, SLO
- 8:00 a.m. start time on Day 1 (Monday)
- Ends 12:00 noon on Day 3 (Wednesday)
- Participants will be in SLO on Monday and Tuesday nights
ISE Class II
- Takes place on-site at field trip locations
- 1:00 p.m. start time on Day 3 (Wednesday)
- Ends 5:00 p.m. on Day 5 (Friday)
- Participants will be at Harris Ranch on Wednesday and Thursday nights
About this Event
Workshop will cover:
1) how to choose the right kind of compost for your operation,
2) how to set up a compost spreader,
3) how to calibrate a compost spreader to ensure you are applying the rate you intend,
4) tomato yield and soil health outcomes of compost incorporation.