Community Alliance with Family Farmers (GAFF)/ Farmers Guild, Solano RCD, and the Dixon RCD invite you a Cover Crop Field Day.
Focus: Information sharing among grower and technical advisers regarding cover crops in the eastern Solano County, with particular attention to soil health and water.
RSVP to Martha Mckeen for address and additional information
1 NM Grower CEU available
The 2019 RFP will be released on Monday, December 3rd.
For more information please visit https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/is/ffldrs/frep/CompetitiveGrantProgram.html
Concept Proposals are due January 31, 2019
Estimating yield is both important and difficult. Accurate projections of crop size are necessary for both logistical and financial planning. Growers will share their experience and wisdom when it comes to estimating a crop including their methods, tips and techniques. Different methods will be compared and discussed. We will also dip into the theory behind making estimates.
Bart Haycraft, Vineyard Manager, Jackson Family Wines- Los Alamos
Craig Macmillan, Ph.D., Technical Program Manager, Vineyard Team
SIP Certified Standards:
The content of this workshop applies to SIP Certified® Standard 10.1.4
3.0 CCA CEUs applied for
Free for Members/$30 for Non-members
- Access begins upon registration (login information will be emailed to you).
- Full course materials require about 10 hours to view.
- Online exam is optional but required for 10 hours of Continuing Education credit.
- Material is accessible for two months after on-site class
ISE Class I
- Takes place at Cal Poly, SLO
- 8:00 a.m. start time on Day 1 (Monday)
- Ends 12:00 noon on Day 3 (Wednesday)
- Participants will be in SLO on Monday and Tuesday nights
ISE Class II
- Takes place on-site at field trip locations
- 1:00 p.m. start time on Day 3 (Wednesday)
- Ends 5:00 p.m. on Day 5 (Friday)
- Participants will be at Harris Ranch on Wednesday and Thursday nights
About this Event
Workshop will cover:
1) how to choose the right kind of compost for your operation,
2) how to set up a compost spreader,
3) how to calibrate a compost spreader to ensure you are applying the rate you intend,
4) tomato yield and soil health outcomes of compost incorporation.