This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at email@example.com.
|9:00 AM — Welcome!
9:15 AM — 4Rs: Right Source, Right Rate, Right Time, Right Place by Steve Gruenwald, Certified Crop Advisor and Owner of Growers Choice Crop Consulting
9:45 AM — Irrigation Strategies for Managing Nitrate Leaching – USDA NRCS Presentation provided by UCCE by Sarah Light, UCCE Agronomy Advisor
10:15 AM — BMPs to Improve N Use Efficiency in CGSP Crops
by Land IQ
1.5 Continuing Education Units Approved
- Nutrient Management for Avocado and Citrus
- IPM for Avocado and Citrus
- SGMA Compliance and the Impact on Growers
CCA CEUs Available
- CCA-01-Nutrient Management : 0.5
- CCA-03-Integrated Pest Management : 0.5
- CCA-10-Sustainability : 1
For more info contact Denis Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richvale: Thursday, Jan. 17, 8:30am, Evangelical Church, 5219 Church St., Richvale
- Glenn: Thursday, Jan. 17, 1:30pm, Glenn Pheasant Hall, 1522 Hwy 45, south of Glenn
- Colusa: Friday, Jan. 18, 8:30am, Colusa Casino Resort, 3770 Hwy 45, Colusa
- Marysville: Friday, Jan 18, 1:30pm, Yuba County Government Center, 915 8th St. Marysville
- Woodland: Tuesday, Jan. 22, 8:30am, Cracchiolo’s Market, 1320 E. Main St. Woodland
- Doors open at 8:00 am and meetings start at 8:30 am at Richvale and Colusa.
- Doors open at 1:00 pm and meetings start at 1:30 pm at Woodland, Glenn and Yuba City.
- 8:00 a.m. (1:00 p.m.) Doors open, sign‐in, coffee
- 8:30 a.m. (1:30 p.m.) Call meeting to order
- California Rice Commission Referendum – Tim Johnson, CRC
- 8:50 a.m. (1:50 p.m.) Rice Research Board Nominations – Dana Dickey, Rice Research Board
- 9:00 a.m. (2:00 p.m.) Rice Pesticide and Regulatory Update – County Ag Commissioner
- 9:15 a.m. (2:15 p.m.) Weedy Rice and Emerging Weed Issues – Whitney Brim‐DeForest, UCCE
- 9:35 a.m. (2:35 p.m.) Arthropod and Disease Update – Luis Espino, UCCE
- 10:05 a.m. (3:05 p.m.) Season Review and Fertility Update – Bruce Linquist, UCCE
- 10:35 a.m. (3:35 p.m.) Weed Control Update – Kassim Al‐Khatib, UCCE
- 11:05 a.m. (4:05 p.m.) — ADJOURN —
****Applied for DPR and CCA CE credits****
The California Irrigation Institute hosts an annual conference on California water issues, water use efficiency, water quality, and surface and groundwater management. The conference features leading water industry experts, government agency heads, water district managers, innovative farmers, and vendors with leading water saving products. The sessions aim to discuss research results and practical field experience.
Estimating yield is both important and difficult. Accurate projections of crop size are necessary for both logistical and financial planning. Growers will share their experience and wisdom when it comes to estimating a crop including their methods, tips and techniques. Different methods will be compared and discussed. We will also dip into the theory behind making estimates.
Bart Haycraft, Vineyard Manager, Jackson Family Wines- Los Alamos
Craig Macmillan, Ph.D., Technical Program Manager, Vineyard Team
SIP Certified Standards:
The content of this workshop applies to SIP Certified® Standard 10.1.4
3.0 CCA CEUs applied for
Free for Members/$30 for Non-members
- Access begins upon registration (login information will be emailed to you).
- Full course materials require about 10 hours to view.
- Online exam is optional but required for 10 hours of Continuing Education credit.
- Material is accessible for two months after on-site class
ISE Class I
- Takes place at Cal Poly, SLO
- 8:00 a.m. start time on Day 1 (Monday)
- Ends 12:00 noon on Day 3 (Wednesday)
- Participants will be in SLO on Monday and Tuesday nights
ISE Class II
- Takes place on-site at field trip locations
- 1:00 p.m. start time on Day 3 (Wednesday)
- Ends 5:00 p.m. on Day 5 (Friday)
- Participants will be at Harris Ranch on Wednesday and Thursday nights