This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UC Cooperative Extension will host the annual corn field meeting on Thursday, October 18, 2018, from 10:00am to noon, on Tyler Island in Sacramento County. The agenda is pasted below and attached. The attached version includes a map and directions to the field site. We have applied for CCA continuing education credits, and light refreshments will be provided. RSVP is not required. Hope to see you in the field!
10:00am Field corn variety evaluation – preliminary results, Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UCCE, SJC/Delta
10:15am Variety traits for the Delta, Seed company representatives
10:30am N stabilizer product trial in silage corn, Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UCCE, SJC/Delta
10:45am Measuring the interaction between N demand and water use in irrigated corn, Taylor Becker and Mark Lundy, UC Davis
11:00am Viewing of field plots
- Nutrient Management for Avocado and Citrus
- IPM for Avocado and Citrus
- SGMA Compliance and the Impact on Growers
CCA CEUs Available
- CCA-01-Nutrient Management : 0.5
- CCA-03-Integrated Pest Management : 0.5
- CCA-10-Sustainability : 1
For more info contact Denis Barry at email@example.com
- Richvale: Thursday, Jan. 17, 8:30am, Evangelical Church, 5219 Church St., Richvale
- Glenn: Thursday, Jan. 17, 1:30pm, Glenn Pheasant Hall, 1522 Hwy 45, south of Glenn
- Colusa: Friday, Jan. 18, 8:30am, Colusa Casino Resort, 3770 Hwy 45, Colusa
- Marysville: Friday, Jan 18, 1:30pm, Yuba County Government Center, 915 8th St. Marysville
- Woodland: Tuesday, Jan. 22, 8:30am, Cracchiolo’s Market, 1320 E. Main St. Woodland
- Doors open at 8:00 am and meetings start at 8:30 am at Richvale and Colusa.
- Doors open at 1:00 pm and meetings start at 1:30 pm at Woodland, Glenn and Yuba City.
- 8:00 a.m. (1:00 p.m.) Doors open, sign‐in, coffee
- 8:30 a.m. (1:30 p.m.) Call meeting to order
- California Rice Commission Referendum – Tim Johnson, CRC
- 8:50 a.m. (1:50 p.m.) Rice Research Board Nominations – Dana Dickey, Rice Research Board
- 9:00 a.m. (2:00 p.m.) Rice Pesticide and Regulatory Update – County Ag Commissioner
- 9:15 a.m. (2:15 p.m.) Weedy Rice and Emerging Weed Issues – Whitney Brim‐DeForest, UCCE
- 9:35 a.m. (2:35 p.m.) Arthropod and Disease Update – Luis Espino, UCCE
- 10:05 a.m. (3:05 p.m.) Season Review and Fertility Update – Bruce Linquist, UCCE
- 10:35 a.m. (3:35 p.m.) Weed Control Update – Kassim Al‐Khatib, UCCE
- 11:05 a.m. (4:05 p.m.) — ADJOURN —
****Applied for DPR and CCA CE credits****
The California Irrigation Institute hosts an annual conference on California water issues, water use efficiency, water quality, and surface and groundwater management. The conference features leading water industry experts, government agency heads, water district managers, innovative farmers, and vendors with leading water saving products. The sessions aim to discuss research results and practical field experience.
Estimating yield is both important and difficult. Accurate projections of crop size are necessary for both logistical and financial planning. Growers will share their experience and wisdom when it comes to estimating a crop including their methods, tips and techniques. Different methods will be compared and discussed. We will also dip into the theory behind making estimates.
Bart Haycraft, Vineyard Manager, Jackson Family Wines- Los Alamos
Craig Macmillan, Ph.D., Technical Program Manager, Vineyard Team
SIP Certified Standards:
The content of this workshop applies to SIP Certified® Standard 10.1.4
3.0 CCA CEUs applied for
Free for Members/$30 for Non-members
UC Cooperative Extension will host the annual corn field meeting on Tuesday, October 15th, from 10:00-11:30am, on Tyler Island in Sacramento County. The agenda is pasted below and attached. In addition to providing information on the annual corn variety trial, this year’s agenda includes presentations on nitrogen management for the upcoming small grains season. The attached version of the agenda includes a map and directions to the field site. We have applied for CCA continuing education credits, and light refreshments will be provided. RSVP is not required. Hope to see you in the field!
10:00am Field corn variety evaluation – preliminary results: Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UCCE
10:15am Variety traits for the Delta: Seed company representatives
10:30am In-Season Nitrogen Management in Wheat: Michelle Leinfelder-Miles and Sarah Light, UCCE
10:45am In-Season Nitrogen Management in Malting Barley: Taylor Nelson, UC Davis
11:00am Viewing of field plots