7:45 AM REGISTRATION
8:00 AM PRESENTATIONS
- NRCS: Nutrient Management, Air Quality and Do-it-yourself Distribution Uniformity
- Xerces: Hedgerows/cover crops and habitats.
- UCCE Orchard Advisor: How to: fill out a nitrogen budget, determine how much your trees need, and timing of nitrogen applications
- UCCE Viticulture Advisor: Technologies used to determine when to start yearly irrigation, calculation of added water and basics for when/how to collect nutrient samples for vineyards.
- Center for Irrigation Technology: Good irrigation system performance overview and managing water applied.
*3.25 Grower CEU available
RSVP to email@example.com
|9:00 AM — Welcome!
9:15 AM — 4Rs: Right Source, Right Rate, Right Time, Right Place by Steve Gruenwald, Certified Crop Advisor and Owner of Growers Choice Crop Consulting
9:45 AM — Irrigation Strategies for Managing Nitrate Leaching – USDA NRCS Presentation provided by UCCE by Sarah Light, UCCE Agronomy Advisor
10:15 AM — BMPs to Improve N Use Efficiency in CGSP Crops
by Land IQ
1.5 Continuing Education Units Approved
The California Irrigation Institute hosts an annual conference on California water issues, water use efficiency, water quality, and surface and groundwater management. The conference features leading water industry experts, government agency heads, water district managers, innovative farmers, and vendors with leading water saving products. The sessions aim to discuss research results and practical field experience.
Estimating yield is both important and difficult. Accurate projections of crop size are necessary for both logistical and financial planning. Growers will share their experience and wisdom when it comes to estimating a crop including their methods, tips and techniques. Different methods will be compared and discussed. We will also dip into the theory behind making estimates.
Bart Haycraft, Vineyard Manager, Jackson Family Wines- Los Alamos
Craig Macmillan, Ph.D., Technical Program Manager, Vineyard Team
SIP Certified Standards:
The content of this workshop applies to SIP Certified® Standard 10.1.4
3.0 CCA CEUs applied for
Free for Members/$30 for Non-members
If you want tips on how to complete Chapter 14 Water and Nitrogen Use for SIP Certified (due December 15, 2019) or if you want to take a deeper look at your resource use, join this webinar.
Calculating the amount of water and Nitrogen applied to a vineyard is important for tracking inputs and improving efficiency. This webinar covers:
- Soil and water analysis reports interpretation
How to calculate total water applied from irrigation, frost protection, and rainfall
How to calculate total nitrogen applied from fertilizer, compost, and water
Attendees are encouraged to have their water and nitrogen use records on hand.
Paul Crout Agronomist with Helena Agri-Enterprises
Free to Attend
Dial-in Number: 415-200-1362
Attendee Pin: 992 9979#