This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at email@example.com.
Registration now open!
The Fertilizer Research and Education Program (FREP) is teaming up with the University of California, Davis to host a biochar field day to highlight current research and showcase resources available to interested stakeholders.
Participants will have a chance to explore the in-field opportunities that biochar has to offer, and hear innovative research on the characteristics and impacts of biochar in agriculture. In the afternoon, a panel discussion and poster session will provide participants with the opportunity to network and ask questions about biochar production, application and products.
Please join us Wednesday, June 6, from 8:00 am-1:30 pm
Event registration is $15 and includes a hay-ride tour of Russell Ranch, in-field presentations, a panel discussion, lunch and a poster session.
*Approved CCA CEUs: 1.5 Nutrient Management, 0.5 Soils and Water Management
For questions please contact Brooke Elliott at (916) 900-5022 or email FREP@cdfa.ca.gov
The California Irrigation Institute hosts an annual conference on California water issues, water use efficiency, water quality, and surface and groundwater management. The conference features leading water industry experts, government agency heads, water district managers, innovative farmers, and vendors with leading water saving products. The sessions aim to discuss research results and practical field experience.
- 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM Registration/Coffee
- 8:00 AM – 8:45 AM Monterey County Ag Commissioner Update -Henry Gonzales, Monterey County Agricultural Commissioner
- 8:45 AM – 9:30 AM Pest Management in Cannabis Production -Dr. Thomas Quick, Growmore
- 9:30 AM – 10:00 AM Weed Control Practices in Organic Vegetable Production -Richard Smith, UCCE Monterey County
- 10:00 AM – 10:15 AM BREAK
- 10:15 AM – 10:45 AM Exhibitor Booth Demonstrations
- 10:45 AM – 11:30 AM Soil Health in Organic Production -Tim Stemwedel, California Organic Fertilizers
- 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM Humics in Organic Production -Peter Aleman, BioGro
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM LUNCH
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM Foliar Application Methods -Andrew Pederson, Brandt
- 1:30 PM – 2:00 PM Sulfur Use in Organic Agriculture -Wesley Haun, Tiger-Sul
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Grower Panel
Save by purchasing your tickets in advance! Prices increase to $50 at the door.
1 hour laws and regs
3 hours other
CCA Approved CEUs:
Nutrient Management: 1.5
Soil & Water Management: 0.5
Integrated Pest Management: 0.5
Crop Management: 1.5
Professional Development: 0.5
Manure Management: 0
Precision Ag: 0
Estimating yield is both important and difficult. Accurate projections of crop size are necessary for both logistical and financial planning. Growers will share their experience and wisdom when it comes to estimating a crop including their methods, tips and techniques. Different methods will be compared and discussed. We will also dip into the theory behind making estimates.
Bart Haycraft, Vineyard Manager, Jackson Family Wines- Los Alamos
Craig Macmillan, Ph.D., Technical Program Manager, Vineyard Team
SIP Certified Standards:
The content of this workshop applies to SIP Certified® Standard 10.1.4
3.0 CCA CEUs applied for