This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The California Irrigation Institute hosts an annual conference on California water issues, water use efficiency, water quality, and surface and groundwater management. The conference features leading water industry experts, government agency heads, water district managers, innovative farmers, and vendors with leading water saving products. The sessions aim to discuss research results and practical field experience.
Estimating yield is both important and difficult. Accurate projections of crop size are necessary for both logistical and financial planning. Growers will share their experience and wisdom when it comes to estimating a crop including their methods, tips and techniques. Different methods will be compared and discussed. We will also dip into the theory behind making estimates.
Bart Haycraft, Vineyard Manager, Jackson Family Wines- Los Alamos
Craig Macmillan, Ph.D., Technical Program Manager, Vineyard Team
SIP Certified Standards:
The content of this workshop applies to SIP Certified® Standard 10.1.4
3.0 CCA CEUs applied for
Free for Members/$30 for Non-members
- Access begins upon registration (login information will be emailed to you).
- Full course materials require about 10 hours to view.
- Online exam is optional but required for 10 hours of Continuing Education credit.
- Material is accessible for two months after on-site class
ISE Class I
- Takes place at Cal Poly, SLO
- 8:00 a.m. start time on Day 1 (Monday)
- Ends 12:00 noon on Day 3 (Wednesday)
- Participants will be in SLO on Monday and Tuesday nights
ISE Class II
- Takes place on-site at field trip locations
- 1:00 p.m. start time on Day 3 (Wednesday)
- Ends 5:00 p.m. on Day 5 (Friday)
- Participants will be at Harris Ranch on Wednesday and Thursday nights
Save by purchasing your tickets in advance! Prices increase to $50 at the door.
- 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM Registration/Coffee
- 8:00 AM – 8:45 AM Ventura County Ag Commissioner Update
- Ed Williams, Ventura County Agricultural Commissioner
- 8:45 AM – 9:30 AM Cannabis Fertility Programs for Organic and Conventional Production
- Thomas Quick, Growmore
- 9:30 AM – 10:00 AM Biological and Nutrient Efficiencies
- Peter Aleman, BioGro
- 10:00 AM – 10:15 AM BREAK
- 10:15 AM – 10:45 AM Exhibitor Booth Demonstrations
- 10:45 AM – 11:30 AM Understanding Organic Fertilizers
- Tim Stemwedel, California Organic Fertilizers
- 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM Best Management of Plant Diseases in Organic Production
- Dr. Annemiek Schilder, Ventura County UCCE
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM LUNCH
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM Foliar Application Methods
- Andrew Pederson, Brandt
- 1:30 PM – 2:00 PM Irrigation and Nutrient Management
- Andre Biscaro, Ventura County UCCE
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Grower Panel
Agenda Coming Soon! Check https://www.organicfertilizerassociation.org/seminars for more information and other dates/locations
Monday, November 4, 2019 11-2 pm, lunch included
Norton Hall | 70 Cottonwood Street | Woodland, CA 95695 3 hours of CURES credits requested
No charge but RSVP required by October 31st Rsvp Here
Organic nitrogen management is particularly challenging because nitrogen from organic sources, such as compost, soil organic matter, cover crops, crop residue and soil amendments, must first be converted by microbes to become plant-available forms. Matching plant-available nitrogen to crop demand is necessary in order to provide sufficient nitrogen for optimal yields while reducing the risk of environmental pollution. Furthermore, nitrogen reporting requirements require information in plant-available nitrogen as opposed to total nitrogen applied. As a group, we will complete a comprehensive nitrogen budget, through which you will be given guidelines and calculations for estimating plant-available N. This will be directly translatable for use with your own compost, soil report results, amendments, etc. The last segment of the workshop will include an opportunity to work on your personal nitrogen budget and receive feedback from Margaret and Patricia. Participants are encouraged to bring information from their farm in order to use this information.
The USDA’s Agricultural Research Service (ARS) and the National Grape Research Alliance (NGRA) are
partnering to produce the NGRA-ARS Sensor Technology Workshop to be held this fall in Sacramento, CA.
Join wine and grape industry principals to hear from scientists about the sensors
that support grape-growing today (including the strengths and shortcomings of these offerings),
what’s in the research pipeline and what advances are on the horizon.
In this dynamic event, the scientists will gain valuable insight about sensor technologies, too,
from a panel of early-adopters, from industry attendees and from fellow researchers, as well.
Be a part of the exploration!
When and Where?
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
Embassy Suites, 100 Capitol Mall, Sacramento, CA 95814
7:30 a.m. – Registration open, coffee service available
8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Speaker program
5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Reception
$150 – NGRA Board members
$250 – Industry and academic guests
Ticketing fees apply
All tickets include lunch and reception.
Ticket sales end 24 hours in advance; no tickets will be sold onsite.
Tickets will be non-refundable
PCAs: 2 hours CEU credit (in “other” category) offered via the California Dept. of Pesticide Regulation
CCAs: 7.5 CEU credits offered in precision ag (3), soil & water management (2), crop management (1.5) and integrated pest management (1)
via Certified Crop Adviser
The Center for Irrigation Technology will host its annual, Innovations in Ag Irrigation Technology Demonstration and Showcase on November 15, 2019! This event brings together the latest in irrigation and water management technologies, highlighted by exhibitor displays in the WET Center as well as a tour of the University Farm Laboratory. Exhibitors will have the chance to showcase their innovative irrigation products and speak directly to the attendees. Exhibits, presentations, and exclusive sponsorship opportunities are available to interested companies!
Lunch Sponsorship – Exclusive
Water Bottle Sponsorship – Exclusive
Contact Courtney Meinhold at 559.278.5855 for information regarding the exclusive sponsorships or if you have any questions!