This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goal: Provide open forum for communication between Water Board staff, agricultural coalitions, environmental justice groups, and other interested parties in Central Valley Region
1. Introductions/Agenda Review
2. Updates: Objective: Receive concise updates (5 minutes) from following entities
a) Central Valley Water Board
b) State Water Board
c) California Department of Food and Agriculture
d) Central Valley Agricultural Coalitions
e) Environmental Justice Groups
3. No-host Lunch (10 minutes break to obtain reserved lunch, please RSVP in advance)
4. Lunch Discussion – Status Updates on Implementation of New Requirements from the Eastern San Joaquin Petition Order: Irrigation and Nitrogen Management Plan Template, INMP Summary Report Template, On-Farm Drinking Water Well Notification Template and outreach materials, ILRP General Order updates, etc.
5. Open Discussion
6. Next Meeting/Action Items
Estimating yield is both important and difficult. Accurate projections of crop size are necessary for both logistical and financial planning. Growers will share their experience and wisdom when it comes to estimating a crop including their methods, tips and techniques. Different methods will be compared and discussed. We will also dip into the theory behind making estimates.
Bart Haycraft, Vineyard Manager, Jackson Family Wines- Los Alamos
Craig Macmillan, Ph.D., Technical Program Manager, Vineyard Team
SIP Certified Standards:
The content of this workshop applies to SIP Certified® Standard 10.1.4
3.0 CCA CEUs applied for