This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at email@example.com.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the Central Valley Water Board will accept comments regarding proposed amendments (the “Proposed Amendments”) to the Basin Plans. The Proposed Amendments will establish a Central Valley-wide Salt and Nitrate Control Program. The Salt and Nitrate Control Program will provide a framework for the Board to regulate salt and nitrate throughout the Central Valley in a sustainable manner, while ensuring that groundwater users whose wells are impacted with nitrates are provided safe drinking water supplies.
UC Cooperative Extension will host the annual corn field meeting on Thursday, October 18, 2018, from 10:00am to noon, on Tyler Island in Sacramento County. The agenda is pasted below and attached. The attached version includes a map and directions to the field site. We have applied for CCA continuing education credits, and light refreshments will be provided. RSVP is not required. Hope to see you in the field!
10:00am Field corn variety evaluation – preliminary results, Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UCCE, SJC/Delta
10:15am Variety traits for the Delta, Seed company representatives
10:30am N stabilizer product trial in silage corn, Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UCCE, SJC/Delta
10:45am Measuring the interaction between N demand and water use in irrigated corn, Taylor Becker and Mark Lundy, UC Davis
11:00am Viewing of field plots
- 7:45 Coffee and Refreshments
- 8:15 Broomrape- a Weed of Industry Concern
- Gene Miyao, retired, UC Farm Advisor, Yolo/Solano/Sacramento counties
- 8:40 Recent Tomato Lessons Gleaned from UC Russell Ranch, Long-Term Experiment
- Israel Herrera, field manager, UC Russell Ranch project, UC Davis.
- 9:00 Local Pesticide Regulation Update
- Jenni King, Deputy Ag Commissioner, Yolo County
- 9:20 Decision Support Tools for Processing Tomato Irrigation and Fertilization
- Daniel Geisseler, Nutrient Management Specialist, UC Davis
- 9:40 Break
- 10:00 Summary of Fungicide Efficacy Evaluations for Powdery Mildew Control; and Progress Report on Yield Response to Grafting
- Brenna Aegerter, UC Farm Advisor, San Joaquin County
- 10:20 Processing Tomato Variety Evaluations
- Scott Picanso & Jonathan Deniz, TS&L.
- 10:40 Keys to Field Bindweed Management
- Lynn Sosnoskie, UC Farm Advisor, Merced and Madera counties
- 11:00 Monitoring Southern Blight in Colusa County and 2018 Field Observations
- Amber Vinchesi, UC Farm Advisor, Colusa and Sutter/Yuba counties
- 11:20-11:40 Fusarium Diseases of Tomato- an Update on Identification and Management
- Cassandra Swett, Plant Pathology Dept, UC Davis
UC Cooperative Extension will host the annual corn field meeting on Tuesday, October 15th, from 10:00-11:30am, on Tyler Island in Sacramento County. The agenda is pasted below and attached. In addition to providing information on the annual corn variety trial, this year’s agenda includes presentations on nitrogen management for the upcoming small grains season. The attached version of the agenda includes a map and directions to the field site. We have applied for CCA continuing education credits, and light refreshments will be provided. RSVP is not required. Hope to see you in the field!
10:00am Field corn variety evaluation – preliminary results: Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UCCE
10:15am Variety traits for the Delta: Seed company representatives
10:30am In-Season Nitrogen Management in Wheat: Michelle Leinfelder-Miles and Sarah Light, UCCE
10:45am In-Season Nitrogen Management in Malting Barley: Taylor Nelson, UC Davis
11:00am Viewing of field plots