This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at email@example.com.
8:30 – 8:45 Welcome and Introductions: Charlotte Gallock WWQC Coordinator
8:45 – 9:45 Irrigation and Nitrogen Management Planning for Cotton Productions Systems: Dan Monk, UCANR Irrigation, Soils, and Cotton Advisor, Fresno County
9:45 – 10:00 Break
10:00 – 11:00 Orchard Systems Nitrogen Management Planning: Mae Culumber UC ANR, Nut Crops Advisor, Fresno County
11:00 – 12:00 Vegetable Crops Irrigation and Nitrogen Management: Tom Turini UCANR Vegetable Crops Advisor, Fresno County
12:00 Sign out / Certificate of Completion
Join us on Thursday, October 25, 2018 for a one-day Cotton Farm Tour through the San Joaquin Valley to gain a behind-the-scenes look at the many sides of cotton production. You’ll meet the farmers, see cotton being harvested and learn about Cleaner Cotton™. You’ll visit a perennial hedgerow, walk through a colored cotton field, tour a cotton gin, join us for lunch and take home samples of cotton fiber. You’ll also learn about our co-hosts, the Better Cotton Initiative, a global sustainability program with a growing number of participating California farms. Throughout the day, leading industry experts and professionals will present an inside perspective about the many facets of cotton cultivation and processing, addressing issues such as water use, cotton farming practices and the current state of the market for Cleaner Cotton™ fiber.
- Access begins upon registration (login information will be emailed to you).
- Full course materials require about 10 hours to view.
- Online exam is optional but required for 10 hours of Continuing Education credit.
- Material is accessible for two months after on-site class
ISE Class I
- Takes place at Cal Poly, SLO
- 8:00 a.m. start time on Day 1 (Monday)
- Ends 12:00 noon on Day 3 (Wednesday)
- Participants will be in SLO on Monday and Tuesday nights
ISE Class II
- Takes place on-site at field trip locations
- 1:00 p.m. start time on Day 3 (Wednesday)
- Ends 5:00 p.m. on Day 5 (Friday)
- Participants will be at Harris Ranch on Wednesday and Thursday nights