This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|9:00 AM — Welcome!
9:15 AM — 4Rs: Right Source, Right Rate, Right Time, Right Place by Steve Gruenwald, Certified Crop Advisor and Owner of Growers Choice Crop Consulting
9:45 AM — Irrigation Strategies for Managing Nitrate Leaching – USDA NRCS Presentation provided by UCCE by Sarah Light, UCCE Agronomy Advisor
10:15 AM — BMPs to Improve N Use Efficiency in CGSP Crops
by Land IQ
1.5 Continuing Education Units Approved
The California Irrigation Institute hosts an annual conference on California water issues, water use efficiency, water quality, and surface and groundwater management. The conference features leading water industry experts, government agency heads, water district managers, innovative farmers, and vendors with leading water saving products. The sessions aim to discuss research results and practical field experience.
2019 Russell Ranch Field Day: More than yield: exploring the full potential of our agroecosystems
Join University of Davis researchers and students as they share results from field research being conducted at Russell Ranch. Learn more about tomato disease diagnosis, deficit irrigation, soil health management, mycorrhizal fungi, alternative small grain crops, and much much more. Network with others in the agricultural industry.
3 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) offered for attendance.
Snacks, refreshments, and lunch will be provided.
Join the 2020 preseason meeting on Industrial hemp organized by Yuma County Cooperative Extension of University of Arizona.
February 3, 2020
Workshop: 9:00 AM to 12 PM
Booth Machinery Inc.
6565 E 30th St, Yuma, AZ 85365
Field Demonstration: 12:30 PM -2 PM
6425 W 8th Street, Yuma AZ (follow signs)
- 9:00 AM-9:25: University of Arizona Cooperative Extension’s research and extension efforts in industrial hemp production in Arizona.
- Dr. Bindu Poudel, Extension Plant Pathologist, Yuma County Cooperative Extension-University of Arizona
- 9:25-9:50 AM: Prospective research in industrial hemp and opportunities for Native Nations.
- Andrea Carter, PhD Candidate, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, University of Arizona
- 9:50 AM- 10: 15 AM: Pollination and cross pollination in industrial hemp; Friend or foe?
- Dr. Oli G. Bachie. Agronomy Advisor, Imperial County Director, University of California Cooperative Extension
- 10:15 AM -10:40 AM: Industrial production of hemp cell cultures as a sustainable alternative to open-field hemp cultivation.
- Dr. Joel L. Cuello, Professor, Department of Biosystems Engineering, University of Arizona
- 10:40 AM-11:05 AM: Finding good hemp genetics: the pros and cons of seed, clones, and tissue Culture when it comes to yield and compliance.
- Dr. Hope Jones, Co-Founder & CEO, Adivina Nurseries LLC
- 11:05 AM -11:30 AM: Successful hemp propagation: managing a rooted and unrooted cutting and transplant program.
- Dr. Chris Pagliarulo, Co-Founder & COO, Adivina Nurseries LLC
- 11: 30 AM-11:55 AM: Hemp Genetics – The benefits of feminized seeds and day neutral plants.
- George Workman, Director of Product Portfolio, Kayagene