This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goal: Provide open forum for communication between Water Board staff, agricultural coalitions, environmental justice groups, and other interested parties in Central Valley Region
1. Introductions/Agenda Review
2. Updates: Objective: Receive concise updates (5 minutes) from following entities
a) Central Valley Water Board
b) State Water Board
c) California Department of Food and Agriculture
d) Central Valley Agricultural Coalitions
e) Environmental Justice Groups
3. No-host Lunch (10 minutes break to obtain reserved lunch, please RSVP in advance)
4. Lunch Discussion – Status Updates on Implementation of New Requirements from the Eastern San Joaquin Petition Order: Irrigation and Nitrogen Management Plan Template, INMP Summary Report Template, On-Farm Drinking Water Well Notification Template and outreach materials, ILRP General Order updates, etc.
5. Open Discussion
6. Next Meeting/Action Items
|9:00 AM — Welcome!
9:15 AM — 4Rs: Right Source, Right Rate, Right Time, Right Place by Steve Gruenwald, Certified Crop Advisor and Owner of Growers Choice Crop Consulting
9:45 AM — Irrigation Strategies for Managing Nitrate Leaching – USDA NRCS Presentation provided by UCCE by Sarah Light, UCCE Agronomy Advisor
10:15 AM — BMPs to Improve N Use Efficiency in CGSP Crops
by Land IQ
1.5 Continuing Education Units Approved
The California Irrigation Institute hosts an annual conference on California water issues, water use efficiency, water quality, and surface and groundwater management. The conference features leading water industry experts, government agency heads, water district managers, innovative farmers, and vendors with leading water saving products. The sessions aim to discuss research results and practical field experience.