This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Designer/Manager School is a comprehensive educational program offering a variety of classes designed for both agricultural and landscape irrigation professionals by Cal Poly San Luis Obispo’s Irrigation Training & Research Center.
Topics will include: filtration, step-by-step design procedure of hardware selection and hyraulics, drip/micro system design, SDI for trees and vines, plugging prevention. Features ITRC book Drip and Micro Irrigation for Trees, Vines, and Field Crops (4th Ed.) and software, Drip Hydraulics.
The 2019 RFP will be released on Monday, December 3rd.
For more information please visit https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/is/ffldrs/frep/CompetitiveGrantProgram.html
Concept Proposals are due January 31, 2019
9:00-10:00 Nitrogen Management of Tomato
Brenna Aegerter, Vegetable Crops Advisor UCCE San Joaquin County
10:00-11:00 Efficient Nitrogen and Irrigation Management of Pressurized Systems
Terry Prichard, Water Management Specialist UC Davis, Emeritus
Save the date!
Registration now available for attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors https://www.wcngg.com/events/
2019 Russell Ranch Field Day: More than yield: exploring the full potential of our agroecosystems
Join University of Davis researchers and students as they share results from field research being conducted at Russell Ranch. Learn more about tomato disease diagnosis, deficit irrigation, soil health management, mycorrhizal fungi, alternative small grain crops, and much much more. Network with others in the agricultural industry.
3 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) offered for attendance.
Snacks, refreshments, and lunch will be provided.
About this Event
Workshop will cover:
1) how to choose the right kind of compost for your operation,
2) how to set up a compost spreader,
3) how to calibrate a compost spreader to ensure you are applying the rate you intend,
4) tomato yield and soil health outcomes of compost incorporation.
- 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM Registration/Coffee
- 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM Understanding Organic Fertilizers
Tim Stemwedel, California Organic Fertilizers
- 8:30 AM – 9:15 AM Pest Management in Cannabis and Hemp
Dr. Thomas Quick, Growmore
- 9:15 AM – 10:00 AM Integrated Pest Management for Insects & Mites in Organic Almond and Walnut Production
Emily J. Symmes, PhD, Sac Valley Area IPM Advisor; UCCE & State IPM Program
- 10:00 AM – 10:45 AM Exhibitor Booth Demonstrations
- 10:45 AM – 11:15 AM Foliar Application Methods
Andrew Pedersen, Brandt
- 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM Organic IPM in Field and Vegetable Crop Production
- Rachael Long, UCCE Farm Advisor
- 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM LUNCH
- 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM Exhibitor Booth Demonstrations
- 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM Pesticide Safety and Violations
- Scott Bowden, Sutter County Deputy Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer
- 1:45 PM – 2:15 PM Sulphur Use in Organic Agriculture
Wesley Haun, Tiger-Sul
- 2:15 PM – 3:00 PM Grower Panel