This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics of interest (nutrient or irrigation management)
|11:30||Mitigating Off Site Run OffSarah Light, UCCE Sutter, Yuba, and Colusa Counties|
|1:00||Soil Microbiology in ViticultureRonald Helland, Sobec Inc.|
|2:30||Well Depth Readings & Ground Water BankingThomas Harter, UC Davis|
Visit Site for full agenda and registration.
CCA CEUs available
|7:30||Continuing Education Requirements and License Renewal
CAPCA Staff, CAPCA Ed
|7:45||Results of Weed Steaming and Non-Synthetic Herbicide Trials
Cheryl Wilen, UC State IPM Program & UCCE
|8:30||Mosquitoes in our Community
Marbella Camargo, San Bernardino County, Department of Public Health
|9:15||Too Much Water: Turf Drainage and Runoff
Bill Baker, William Bakers & Associates
|10:00||Surface Water Regulations Update
Jahan Motakef, Department of Pesticide Regulations
|10:45||Rust Diseases, their Identification and Control
Jerry Turney, Los Angeles County Department of Agricultural Commissioner
|12:30||Use of Mulch and Soil Amendments for Disease Suppression
Janet Hartin, UC Cooperative Extension, San Bernardino, Riverside & Los Angeles Counties
|1:15||Biology and Management of Urban Coyotes
Jim Hartman, Los Angeles County Department of Agricultural Commissioner
|2:00||Common Turf Diseases in Southern California and Their Control
Jim Baird, UC Riverside
|2:45||Goldspotted Oak Borer Update
Kim Corella, Cal Fire
|3:30||Meeting Ends – Thank you for attending|
UC Cooperative Extension will host the SJC and Delta Field Crops Meeting on Friday, January 10, 2020 from 8:00am to 12:00pm. The meeting location is the Cabral Agricultural Center in Stockton (2101 E. Earhart Ave., Stockton, CA 95206). Coffee and refreshments will be provided.
- 8:15am Delta Rice Update: Armyworms, Herbicide Trial, Weedy Rice, Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UCCE San Joaquin/Delta Counties
- 8:45am Regulatory Update, Tim Pelican, San Joaquin County Agricultural Commissioner
- 9:00am Alfalfa Weevil Insecticide Resistance, Madison Hendrick, UC Davis
- 9:15am Benefits of Alfalfa in Crop Rotations, Nicole Tautges, UC Davis
- 9:45am IPM in Organic Field and Vegetable Crop Production, Rachael Long, UCCE Yolo/Sacramento/Solano Counties
- 10:15am Break
- 10:30am Observations and Pest Issues with CBD Hemp Experiments in California, Dan Putnam, UC Davis
- 11:00am Fertilizing Corn and Wheat with Manure: Research Results, Nick Clark, UCCE Fresno/Tulare/Kings Counties
- 11:30am Warm-Season Legume Cover Cropping in the Delta, Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UCCE, San Joaquin/Delta Counties
- 12:00pm Evaluations and Adjourn
We have submitted applications for continuing education for pesticide licensing and certified crop advisors. We have also submitted an application for nitrogen management continuing education, which would help to satisfy growers’ continuing education requirement for the Irrigated Lands Program. Applications are pending.
Our programs are open to all potential participants. If you require special accommodations, please contact UCCE San Joaquin County at 209-953-6100. I wish you a happy holiday season, and I hope to see you at the meeting in the new year.