This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8:00am – Registration
8:30am – Laws and Regulations Update
Samantha Skelly, Glenn County Agricultural Commissioner’s Office
9:00am – Weed Control in Olives
Dr. Mariano Galla, UCCE Weed Science Advisor, Glenn, Butte & Tehama Counties
9:30am – Emerging Olive Diseases and Neofabraea Control Options
Dr. Florent Trouillas, UCCE Plant Pathology Specialist, Kearney Agricultural Research & Extension Center
10:00am – Thoughts on 2018 Bloom: Freeze Damage or Alternate Bearing?
Bill Krueger, UCCE Orchards Advisor Emeritus, Glenn County
10:15am – Break
10:45am – Current Status of Olive Trade Issues
Dr. Dan Sumner, Director, UC Agricultural Issues Center
11:15am – Olive Knot Research Update
Dr. Jim Adaskaveg, Plant Pathologist, UC Riverside
11:45am – Brief Olive Fly Research Update
Dr. Dani Lightle, UCCE Orchards Advisor, Glenn, Butte & Tehama Counties
Noon – Adjourn
2 hours of DPR CE Credits (0.5 Laws, 1.5 Other) requested.
- Nutrient Management for Avocado and Citrus
- IPM for Avocado and Citrus
- SGMA Compliance and the Impact on Growers
CCA CEUs Available
- CCA-01-Nutrient Management : 0.5
- CCA-03-Integrated Pest Management : 0.5
- CCA-10-Sustainability : 1
For more info contact Denis Barry at email@example.com
- Richvale: Thursday, Jan. 17, 8:30am, Evangelical Church, 5219 Church St., Richvale
- Glenn: Thursday, Jan. 17, 1:30pm, Glenn Pheasant Hall, 1522 Hwy 45, south of Glenn
- Colusa: Friday, Jan. 18, 8:30am, Colusa Casino Resort, 3770 Hwy 45, Colusa
- Marysville: Friday, Jan 18, 1:30pm, Yuba County Government Center, 915 8th St. Marysville
- Woodland: Tuesday, Jan. 22, 8:30am, Cracchiolo’s Market, 1320 E. Main St. Woodland
- Doors open at 8:00 am and meetings start at 8:30 am at Richvale and Colusa.
- Doors open at 1:00 pm and meetings start at 1:30 pm at Woodland, Glenn and Yuba City.
- 8:00 a.m. (1:00 p.m.) Doors open, sign‐in, coffee
- 8:30 a.m. (1:30 p.m.) Call meeting to order
- California Rice Commission Referendum – Tim Johnson, CRC
- 8:50 a.m. (1:50 p.m.) Rice Research Board Nominations – Dana Dickey, Rice Research Board
- 9:00 a.m. (2:00 p.m.) Rice Pesticide and Regulatory Update – County Ag Commissioner
- 9:15 a.m. (2:15 p.m.) Weedy Rice and Emerging Weed Issues – Whitney Brim‐DeForest, UCCE
- 9:35 a.m. (2:35 p.m.) Arthropod and Disease Update – Luis Espino, UCCE
- 10:05 a.m. (3:05 p.m.) Season Review and Fertility Update – Bruce Linquist, UCCE
- 10:35 a.m. (3:35 p.m.) Weed Control Update – Kassim Al‐Khatib, UCCE
- 11:05 a.m. (4:05 p.m.) — ADJOURN —
****Applied for DPR and CCA CE credits****
Developing relevant policies, programs, strategies and resources to support sustainable agriculture throughout Southern California is contingent on understanding changing climate and its impact to the unique agricultural environments and industry in the region. This symposium is intended to bring together policy makers, government agencies, researchers, educators, consultants and other public and private agricultural service providers. Discussions will be centered on the San Diego County region; however, information shared may be relevant for neighboring counties. Please complete the registration form below.