This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7:45 AM REGISTRATION
8:00 AM PRESENTATIONS
- NRCS: Nutrient Management, Air Quality and Do-it-yourself Distribution Uniformity
- Xerces: Hedgerows/cover crops and habitats.
- UCCE Orchard Advisor: How to: fill out a nitrogen budget, determine how much your trees need, and timing of nitrogen applications
- UCCE Viticulture Advisor: Technologies used to determine when to start yearly irrigation, calculation of added water and basics for when/how to collect nutrient samples for vineyards.
- Center for Irrigation Technology: Good irrigation system performance overview and managing water applied.
*3.25 Grower CEU available
RSVP to email@example.com
UC Cooperative Extension will host the SJC and Delta Field Crops Meeting on Friday, January 10, 2020 from 8:00am to 12:00pm. The meeting location is the Cabral Agricultural Center in Stockton (2101 E. Earhart Ave., Stockton, CA 95206). Coffee and refreshments will be provided.
- 8:15am Delta Rice Update: Armyworms, Herbicide Trial, Weedy Rice, Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UCCE San Joaquin/Delta Counties
- 8:45am Regulatory Update, Tim Pelican, San Joaquin County Agricultural Commissioner
- 9:00am Alfalfa Weevil Insecticide Resistance, Madison Hendrick, UC Davis
- 9:15am Benefits of Alfalfa in Crop Rotations, Nicole Tautges, UC Davis
- 9:45am IPM in Organic Field and Vegetable Crop Production, Rachael Long, UCCE Yolo/Sacramento/Solano Counties
- 10:15am Break
- 10:30am Observations and Pest Issues with CBD Hemp Experiments in California, Dan Putnam, UC Davis
- 11:00am Fertilizing Corn and Wheat with Manure: Research Results, Nick Clark, UCCE Fresno/Tulare/Kings Counties
- 11:30am Warm-Season Legume Cover Cropping in the Delta, Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UCCE, San Joaquin/Delta Counties
- 12:00pm Evaluations and Adjourn
We have submitted applications for continuing education for pesticide licensing and certified crop advisors. We have also submitted an application for nitrogen management continuing education, which would help to satisfy growers’ continuing education requirement for the Irrigated Lands Program. Applications are pending.
Our programs are open to all potential participants. If you require special accommodations, please contact UCCE San Joaquin County at 209-953-6100. I wish you a happy holiday season, and I hope to see you at the meeting in the new year.