Early registration and hotel reservations are available now. More details on the conference can be found at http://calasa.ucdavis.edu/
Day 1 Main Session:
– California Water Resources: Agricultural Impact
Day 1 Breakout Sessions:
– Climate Smart Agriculture
– Water and Salinity Management
– Technology for Ag Production and Research
– Irrigation Water Use Efficiency
Day 1 Evening Reception and Poster Session
– Posters are invited (see “Poster Call” link on website for submitting a poster)
– Awards given for best student posters
Day 2 Breakout Sessions (morning only):
– IPM: Insect Pests and Diseases
– Managing Nitrogen Fertilizer Inputs for Efficiency
– IPM: Weeds
– Nutrient Management
- 9:10 – 9:20 Introduction & Irrigation Services Update –Paul Lum, Irrigation Specialist, Solano Ag Water Conservation Committee
- 9:20 – 9:30 Irrigated Lands Program & SWEEP Grant Update – Kelly Huff
- 9:30 – 9:50 New Weather Information Website – Paul Lum
- 9:50 -10:20 Remote Soil Moisture Monitoring Services – Anne Burkholder
- 10:20 -10:40 NRCS Irrigation Water Management
- 10:40– 10:55 Break
- 10:55 -11:15 PG&E Energy Efficiency Programs & Rates for 2019 -Scott Bond & Jaime Collard
- 11:15-11:45 Efficient Irrigation Scheduling – Paul Lum
- 11:45 – 12:00 Pump Efficiency Testing Services – Paul Lum
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch served
RSVP: REGISTER ONLINE AT https://www.dixonrcd.org/irrigated-lands
OR contact Martha (707) 678-1655 X103 email@example.com
Join UC Davis Irrigation Specialist Daniele Zaccaria as well as other water experts and specialists from the University of California Cooperative Extension, the California Department of Water Resources, and the Citrus Research Board to learn about research and advances in water use and irrigation for citrus production. Gain firsthand practical knowledge of the latest developments in the citrus industry and become familiar with methods and tools to measure evapotranspiration (ET) and crop coefficients (Kc), tree water status, and monitor soil moisture to inform irrigation planning and scheduling decisions for citrus.
Registration: $45 : https://ucanr.edu/sites/citrusfieldday/Registration/
This meeting is a walkthrough of Best Management Practices for starting up a drip irrigation system in the spring.
Intended for those who depend on, operate or repair drip irrigation systems in vineyards.
This special meeting will be in Spanish and English.
Jacob Hernandez of JH Ag Consulting will walk attendees from the well to the end of the drip hose stopping along the way to demonstrate how to prep the key points in the system before the irrigation season starts.
Jacob will talk about some common problems with irrigation systems and how to address them.
The goal of this meeting is to bring together experts, boots-in-the-field irrigators, and vineyard managers to share their knowledge and experience with drip irrigation system maintenance and repair and what they do at the beginning of the season to ensure the system works properly.
Applies to SIP Certified® Standards 2.6.8, 5.1, 5.2, & 5.3.5
CEUs approved for: 3.0 CCA (Soil & Water)
Free for Members / $30 for Non-Members
8:00 am to 12:00 noon, Wednesday, August 14, 2019
UC Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center
9240 S Riverbend Ave
Parlier, CA 93648
Attendance is Free
Registration and refreshments:
|8:00 am||Andreas Westphal, UC Riverside||Nematode problems in grape|
|8:30 am||Karl Lund, UCCE Madera||Grape rootstocks|
|9:00 am||George Zhuang, UCCE Fresno||Mechanical leafing and deficit irrigation for winegrapes|
|9:30||Gabriel Torres, UCCE Tulare||Fungicide resistance of powdery mildew|
|10:00||S. Kaan Kurtural: UC Davis||Ground-truthing proximally sensed water status of vineyards|
|10:450||Ashraf El Kereamy, UC Riverside||Astringency of Scarlet Royal table grapes|
|11:15||Daniele Zaccaria, UC Davis||Methods and tools for irrigation scheduling (ET-based, soil moisture-based, or plant-based scheduling)|
|11:45||Akif Eskalen, UC Davis||Managing trunk diseases in vineyards|
485 Business Park Way
Imperial, CA 92251
Registration begins at 7:00 am. You can also register via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information and CEUs to come.
January 10, 2020, 7:00 am – 2:30 pm
442 Franklin Ave
Yuba City, CA 95991 United States + Google Map