This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at email@example.com.
This short course will focus on the practical aspects of organic soil fertility management for fast-maturing leafy green vegetables and long-season strawberry production.
Topics will focus on the contribution of various sources of nitrogen for crop production, including mineralization from soil organic matter, release of inorganic nitrogen from organic fertilizers and composts, and the contribution of prior crop residues, cover crops, and irrigation water.
Growers, consultants, and those involved in organic soil fertility management will find this course valuable.
Flyer and registration form: http://cemonterey.ucanr.edu/files/293316.pdf
- 9:10 – 9:20 Introduction & Irrigation Services Update –Paul Lum, Irrigation Specialist, Solano Ag Water Conservation Committee
- 9:20 – 9:30 Irrigated Lands Program & SWEEP Grant Update – Kelly Huff
- 9:30 – 9:50 New Weather Information Website – Paul Lum
- 9:50 -10:20 Remote Soil Moisture Monitoring Services – Anne Burkholder
- 10:20 -10:40 NRCS Irrigation Water Management
- 10:40– 10:55 Break
- 10:55 -11:15 PG&E Energy Efficiency Programs & Rates for 2019 -Scott Bond & Jaime Collard
- 11:15-11:45 Efficient Irrigation Scheduling – Paul Lum
- 11:45 – 12:00 Pump Efficiency Testing Services – Paul Lum
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch served
RSVP: REGISTER ONLINE AT https://www.dixonrcd.org/irrigated-lands
OR contact Martha (707) 678-1655 X103 firstname.lastname@example.org