This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at email@example.com.
Estimating yield is both important and difficult. Accurate projections of crop size are necessary for both logistical and financial planning. Growers will share their experience and wisdom when it comes to estimating a crop including their methods, tips and techniques. Different methods will be compared and discussed. We will also dip into the theory behind making estimates.
Bart Haycraft, Vineyard Manager, Jackson Family Wines- Los Alamos
Craig Macmillan, Ph.D., Technical Program Manager, Vineyard Team
SIP Certified Standards:
The content of this workshop applies to SIP Certified® Standard 10.1.4
3.0 CCA CEUs applied for
Free for Members/$30 for Non-members
TREE,VINE & IRRIGATION WORKSHOP
November 12, 2019 8:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
Please RSVP : www.maderafb.com Or by phone 559-674-8871 Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice.
3.25 hours of CCA and Grower Nitrogen Management Continuing Education Units
Cost: $10 MCFB Members $25 Non-MCFB Members
- 8:00 A.M.- 8:30 A.M. XERCES/NRCS: COVER CROPPING FOR SOIL HEALTH
- 8:35 a.m. -9:20 a.m. UCCE: ORCHARD NITROGEN TALK
- 9:25 A.M.– 9:40A.M. UCCE: SALINITY MANAGEMENT
- 9:45 A.M.-10:30 A.M. CENTER FOR IRRIGATION TECHNOLOGY, CSUF: IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT TO CONTROL THE LEACHING OF NITROGEN
- 10:35 A.M. – 11:20 A.M. UCCE: TECHNOLOGIES AND BASICS FOR VINEYARDS
- 11:25 A.M. – 11:55 A.M. JAIN IRRIGATION: USING TECHNOLOGY TO IMPROVE NUTRIENT AND WATER MANAGEMENT