This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at email@example.com.
Registration and Poster Proposals are Now Open
Join us for SOIL HEALTH: A Global Imperative where you’ll enjoy an opening-night reception plus two days of networking, learning, and collaborative planning with fellow soil health leaders.
Registration is $300 for attendees with a special price of $100 for farmers and students.
You will learn about:
- Where we go next for exploring soil health – human health relationships,
- Identifying the best indicators of soil health across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico,
- New state and federal programs and policies for supporting soil health,
- Latest research in understanding and managing the soil microbiome,
- Filling the economics information gap for farmers,
- Training programs to assist farmers with adopting soil health systems,
- Adapting soil health principles for specialty crop and rangeland systems,
- Ecosystem service markets for the environmental benefits attributed through soil health, and
- Soil stewardship as the “Great Connector”.
Agenda Coming Soon! Check https://www.organicfertilizerassociation.org/seminars for more information and other dates/locations
The program will consist of an optional half-day farm tour (SOLD OUT) and one and a half days of sessions on successful farm management strategies as well as time to engage with speakers and fellow attendees to build business relationships and peer networks.
Between 8 and 10 CEU’s will be offered at the Summit.
Expert speakers with expert advise on proven methods for creating healthy, productive soil will include John Kempf, Pam Marrone, Glen Rabenberg and Gary Zimmer to name a few.
17 companies will be on hand to answer questions and speak from experience on addressing challenges and reducing risk to drive whole-farm success.
For over 25 years, FREP has presented its pioneering fertilizer research at annual conferences. Since 2007, FREP has collaborated with the Western Plant Health Association (WPHA) to create a conference that balances technical research with discussion on practical application. Presenters from academia, industry, and agricultural consulting provide general and technical information, current research and data, and practical applications addressing statewide and regional nutrient management issues.
1:00-5:00 PM – Pre-Conference Farm Tour
9:00 AM-4:45 PM – Presentations, including a panel discussion and breakout sessions
4:45-6:00 PM – Poster Session
8:15 AM-12:00 PM – Presentations