This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at email@example.com.
Agenda Coming Soon! Check https://www.organicfertilizerassociation.org/seminars for more information and other dates/locations
This class will cover new techniques in the control and application of fertilizers through irrigation systems and strategies to conform with the intent of the new nitrogen regulations in California. Other topics include nitrogen fertilizers, challenges with phosphorus and potassium applications, growth enhancers, and organic-compliant ways to keep drip systems clean. Increasing yields per acre-foot of evapotranspiration (ET) through better fertility management will also be discussed.
Morning in English and afternoon in Spanish. FLYER 2019
The workshop key learnings will be:
• Identify and understand the role of plant nutrients in plant growth and their role in plant growth.
• Identify plant nutrient deficiency and toxicity symptoms.
• Understand the sources and movement of fertilizers in a nursery production system.
• Develop the groundwork for optimizing fertilizer use in a container nursery operation.
The workshop key learnings include:
• Have a working knowledge of fertilizer types.
• Choose the proper fertilizer(s) to optimize plant growth and have a sustainable operation
• Use fertilizers properly to optimize nutrient uptake into plants
• Monitor media and water quality
• Develop a record keeping program to track production with fertilizer usage