This calendar is composed of outreach events related to agricultural management practices that align with FREP’s mission. To add an outreach event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agenda Coming Soon! Check https://www.organicfertilizerassociation.org/seminars for more information and other dates/locations
Save the date! More information coming soon http://www.sacvalleyorchards.com/event/prune-breeding-program-research-tour/
This class will cover new techniques in the control and application of fertilizers through irrigation systems and strategies to conform with the intent of the new nitrogen regulations in California. Other topics include nitrogen fertilizers, challenges with phosphorus and potassium applications, growth enhancers, and organic-compliant ways to keep drip systems clean. Increasing yields per acre-foot of evapotranspiration (ET) through better fertility management will also be discussed.
The program will consist of an optional half-day farm tour (SOLD OUT) and one and a half days of sessions on successful farm management strategies as well as time to engage with speakers and fellow attendees to build business relationships and peer networks.
Between 8 and 10 CEU’s will be offered at the Summit.
Expert speakers with expert advise on proven methods for creating healthy, productive soil will include John Kempf, Pam Marrone, Glen Rabenberg and Gary Zimmer to name a few.
17 companies will be on hand to answer questions and speak from experience on addressing challenges and reducing risk to drive whole-farm success.
Morning in English and afternoon in Spanish. FLYER 2019
The workshop key learnings will be:
• Identify and understand the role of plant nutrients in plant growth and their role in plant growth.
• Identify plant nutrient deficiency and toxicity symptoms.
• Understand the sources and movement of fertilizers in a nursery production system.
• Develop the groundwork for optimizing fertilizer use in a container nursery operation.
The workshop key learnings include:
• Have a working knowledge of fertilizer types.
• Choose the proper fertilizer(s) to optimize plant growth and have a sustainable operation
• Use fertilizers properly to optimize nutrient uptake into plants
• Monitor media and water quality
• Develop a record keeping program to track production with fertilizer usage
A half-day of forage research demonstrations and educational presentations in the field and in the classroom. The meeting will begin early morning through lunch, and lunch will be provided.
For over 25 years, FREP has presented its pioneering fertilizer research at annual conferences. Since 2007, FREP has collaborated with the Western Plant Health Association (WPHA) to create a conference that balances technical research with discussion on practical application. Presenters from academia, industry, and agricultural consulting provide general and technical information, current research and data, and practical applications addressing statewide and regional nutrient management issues.
1:00-5:00 PM – Pre-Conference Farm Tour
9:00 AM-4:45 PM – Presentations, including a panel discussion and breakout sessions
4:45-6:00 PM – Poster Session
8:15 AM-12:00 PM – Presentations